During these 9 auspicious days, devotees get blessings and pray to the 9 forms goddess Durga also called Navdurga. Throughout the fasts, devotees steer beyond certain food things like non-vegetarian foods, eggs, regular salt and alcohol and eat certain specified things like boiled sweet potato and others; you can get all these through Online Groceries in Faridabad or your city easily. It’s advised to switch to a satvik diet and just some limited ingredients are often used to create the Vrat Ka khana. These Navratri special foods could include sabudana, sendha namak, kuttu Ka atta, singhare Ka atta and certain vegetables.
What You Can Have:
- Fruits: There is no restriction over fruits; you can have all your favorite fruits. This is perhaps the best time to enjoy the seasonal goodness in apples, water chestnut, pomegranate and kiwi. It is a good idea to have them whole and fresh, juicing them would cost you essential fibers. You can look for Best Dry fruits online for convenience.
- Flours: You cannot have your regular maida or atta during Navratri fasting. However, you can use like kuttu ka atta (buckwheat flour) or singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour) to make your chapattis. Just check the online grocery delivery availability in your area and you can buy all the groceries online.
- Vrat ke chawal: You cannot have your regular rice either. However, you can have samak ke chawal or samvat ke chawal (barnyard millet) to make pulav, khichdi and kheer.
- Sabudana: Sabudana is another popular vrat fixture you must have up in your kitchen pantry this fasting season. There’s a range of dishes you can prepare from tapioca often use to prepare papads, kheer or vadas. Check out the online groceries in noida or your city to buy all such items online.
- Makhana: Makhana, or puffed up lotus seeds, are much in demand too right now. This vrat ingredient can be used to make makhana kheer or you can also roast it and have it as a snack. Look for the best Supplier of Dry Fruits in order to get good quality dry fruits.
What to Avoid:
- All the fast-related food needs to be prepared without onion or garlic since they produce heat and are Instamatic nature. Instead of these get the above mentioned things from online supermarket which will make you very comfortable.
- If you are fasting, you have to keep away from legumes and lentils.
- Rice flour, cornflour, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour and semolina (rava) are also not permissible.
- Non-vegetarian food, eggs, alcohol, smoking and aerated drinks are also avoided during Navratri fasting.
If you too have any suggestion, feel free to share with us.